Sunday

The Healing Power of Running

Samantha Blake
Seems really silly to say it, but I'm scared to go to bed. I feel like a kid or something. I used to sleepwalk a lot when I was little, but I'm 14 and I'm not a kid. But I just get scared when the lights go out. Is that stupid? Am I stupid?

I've woken up three times in the night in the last week, just screaming. And then I realise that the bed is on fire. And that's not a dream, the bed really is on fire. I have the power to create fire from my hands. I can also stop fires, so I can quickly put it out when I realise what's happening. But it means that the smoke alarms keep going off, the sheets are ruined, and I've destroyed 5 mattresses since I've been here. It's so .... humiliating.

Mum and Dad and my grandparents have been brilliant. And I'm starting to feel better. James has been great too. He deals with it in a different way I think. Boys just do don't they. But I know that he's been feeling all strange and like he's going to explode too.

I've started doing more running. That really helps. When I'm out on the road, it feels like I'm free. Now I've just got to persuade Dad to let me run on my own. He keeps saying he wants to go out with me. But he can't keep up and I worry about him. I mean, he's old! He shouldn't be out there running with me. Not that I don't want him there. I love my Dad. But I worry about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment