Friday

Two Cool for School


Hello computer. My name is Samantha Blake.

This is the first post in our Class Heroes blog. Hope you like the name. It was my twin brother, James's idea. He thinks it's funny. He think's he's funny. He's so not.

I wanted to call the blog SamJam. That's what Heat magazine would have called us. Better than JamSam isn’t it?

This blog is my Dad’s idea. He says me and James need to keep a diary, and this it. Our shared, private blog, that no one but us will ever see.

Dad says we’ve just been through a traumatic ordeal, and we need some kind of outlet to deal with what’s happened to us. He’s probably right. Unless you’ve fallen down a big hole over the last couple of weeks, you’ve probably heard about the school coach that got blown up by a terrorist bomb in London. Or you might have heard about the fire at the big hospital in London. Or about the siege in that hospital. Well, all those events involved me and my brother.

We didn’t start the fire (think that’s a line from one of my Dad’s CDs????). Honest. We were the victims of the bomb, and the fire, and the siege. You probably think we’re pretty unlucky after reading that (or as my Dad says “come the end of the world, you wouldn’t want to be standing behind us”.)

I’ll stop talking about my Dad now.

Actually, we weren’t unlucky. We were very, very fortunate. We survived. When I woke up in hospital, I had super powers. Yep. No kidding. So did my brother, James. But it’s a secret. That’s why this a secret blog. And have you ever tried keeping a secret? It's really, really hard, particularly when you just want to show your friends all the amazing things that you can do. Feels like I'll burst into flames if I don't write it all down - which, incidentally, is something that I can do.

At the moment, we're sort of lying low. It's the school summer holidays, and I don't even know what we're going to do about going back to school. James says we're too cool for school now. Or perhaps that should be two cool for school?

Dad is kind of doing my head in. He's so worried about us all the time. I know we've been through a lot, but we are 14! We're not kids anymore! Well, alright, we are. But we're faster, stronger, and better able to look after ourselves than most adults.

Ever thought what it might be like to have super powers, and have an over protective dad? I think I'm going to be finding out...

Samantha Blake

1 comment:

  1. Maybe one day we'll get together and have a superhero team-up.
    www.actionladsjournal.com

    ReplyDelete