Sunday

Bad Things Happen in Scary Woods, Don’t They?

Samantha Blake
For such a quiet place, there’s a lot going on in so-called sleepy Suffolk.

I wish Nina was here. Susan, the girl I met the other day, seems nice, but I really miss my best friend. Nina Palmer and I have been friends for forever, but her parents took her over to India to stay with family after the bombing. Just want someone to talk to. Can only really talk to my brother because he's the only one who really understands what's going on with me.

But you can't talk to your brother about everything can you!?

Witches Wood really fascinates me! It's just across the field from Nan and Grandad's farmhouse.

I think it is because we weren’t allowed in the wood when we were younger. It’s just such a big deal for me. I’m actually more scared now, thinking about going into the wood, than I was I was when I was stuck in the hospital - and all the weird things that went on there!

Thing is, I know there’s nothing bad in the woods, and even if there was, nothing could hurt me.

I'm going to go for a run in the woods later. I want to see the wood for myself.

Things happen in woods don’t they? Scary things. It's supposed to be haunted. It's supposed to  have ghosts in it. People have seen them. I'm scared, but I want to see one too.

Even if there are ghosts, surely they wouldn't be able to hurt me, with my powers?

No comments:

Post a Comment